Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting ready to go ….

My first Remains of the Day journal cover here took on a life of its own and became much more elegant than was my original intent.  So for my second one, I went for a primitive, casual style shown here.

IMG_0904

I revised the first one a bit from the original because it had a kind of Marie Antoinette era about it and reminded me of France. It’s on the left in the photo below.

IMG_0910

Have you figured out that this year I’ll be making a trip to Spain and to France? 

Am I excited? 

Just a bit ;-)  ! 

My friends and I will be leaving in May for a week in Barcelona followed by a train trip into the south of France. I’m starting now to nail down the details which is almost as much fun as making the trip!

If any of you readers have been to any place that is a must-see near Barcelona or in the southwest area of France, please leave a comment or email me. I would love to hear your suggestions for accommodation, dining, flea markets etc.

And now I really have to begin on the inside pages of the journals!

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your journal covers are fabulous! Love both of them. Spain and France -- sounds wonderful. We've been to Madrid and surrounding areas and had a great time. My husband has been to France many times but I haven't made it there yet. Maybe sometime this year. Hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings, Tammy

Barbara said...

I just saw your comment on Lelaina's blog. I'm in the class too, I have sewn tons of pages, but haven't done my cover yet. For some reason that is holding me back. LOL Love your covers.

LP Vintage said...

Thank you Tammy and Barbara for the compliments on my covers!

That's funny Barbara that we are having opposite challenges with our journals - let's see who can break through their block first !

edina said...

I just joined Mary Ann's class a few weeks ago and came across your link via the class blog. Your journal covers are wonderful and what an exciting trip you have coming up soon! I visited Barcelona a few years ago - let me dig up my notes and get back to you. This site has some useful info, too.

LP Vintage said...

edina - welcome - I'm so happy that you like my covers! the site you sent has great resources - many thanks for that. I look forward to hearing from you again when you find your notes on Barcelona! Feel free to email me through my Profile email.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails