It's only January 5th and I've already learned some new techniques and finished two items! This is a journal cover I just completed after seeing Pam's Journal in progress here. My cover is much lacier than I was aiming for, partly because I had to keep adding bits to cover the mistakes I was making.
I had my cover wrong side up which meant the bottom edge of my lace was on the top and my inside pocket ended up upside down! But luckily, this guerilla style sewing is very forgiving and you can hide a lot of mishaps by adding things on top. And whenever I'm in doubt about when a project is 'done', my motto is to add some buttons and call it quits.
The Remains of the Day class is here, in case you want to join in on the fun. Mary Ann Moss the class creator is vacationing in Mexico until January 16th so you might have to wait until she returns to join the class.
I made it sound like this journal project was completed but I've only done the cover so far. Now comes the fun of making and assembling the inside pages. Wish me luck!