Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Primitive Heart stole my heart

Yesterday, I spend a perfect day out with friends, antiquing and shopping. The highlight of our trip - besides our pub lunch :-) - was our visit to my favourite prim decorating store, in St George, Ontario. The owner describes the store as 'filled to the rafters with old 'n worn primitive good for your home and garden' and indeed it is full. And yesterday, the yard surrounding the store was stocked as well. What a feast for the eyes.

This garden angel was on duty at the door to the shop. Unfortunately for me, she had already been sold when we arrived and was waiting to be transported to her new home. I could have spent another hour just looking and sighing at the sights but we had to move on to fit in the other stores we wanted to see. I did find time to purchase a painted dough bowl which I plan to post in the future.

7 comments:

Gypsy Purple said...

How lovely!!!

LP Vintage said...

Thank you for the compliment, gypsy purple - it's much appreciated! LP

oldflowers4me said...

oh my -your world is beautiful...hop skip and jump...love jo.

LP Vintage said...

oldflowes4me - thanks so much for visiting and for your lovely words - I'm off to visit your blog :-) - LP

sandy said...

I love visiting the Primitive Heart, too. Do you know their summer hours? I want to stop on my way to Sarnia.

LP Vintage said...

Hi Sandy, Sorry I don't know the hours for Primitive Heart - might be best to give Christine a call. Have fun on your travels!

R.R. said...

Thanks to Christine, of the Primitive Heart, I was inspired enough to start my own Rustic Revivals, making from scratch many of the items seen within her wonderful shop. And we are sponsoring, on Aug. 25 and 26, an all-primitive, all enviro-friendly Country Craft and old-fashioned market mercantil in Carlisle, ON on Aug. 25 and 26th this year, too! Come one, come all!!!!!! Over 30 artists/vendors/demonstrators - wear your pioneer garb and have your sepia-toned photos taken. Buy goodies, have the children make butter, etc. etc. See FB Events page, or Rustic Revivals on FB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails