Wednesday, January 27, 2010

White Wednesday

IMG_0925

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a knitted white cotton sweater at my local thrift store. I thought I would wear it but my daughter informed me that it was shapeless and looked like a guy’s sweater. 

IMG_0926

So I started unravelling it and rolled it into balls and now I’m knitting it up into yet another scarf. IMG_0929

Today, I photographed it up to post for a White Wednesday contribution. –hosted by Faded Charmwhiteyarn

I am so thrilled – a bunch of lovely white cotton for less than $10.00!

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The yarn looks great and what a fabulous way of giving new life to something old That's the great thing about yarn -- you can just undo it and restart a project if things aren't going right. I'm sure the scarf will be great. Best wishes, Tammy

LP Vintage said...

Hi T - I can't count the number of times that I've started a scarf and didn't like the width or gauge and ripped it out and started again! A friend of mine told me I have too much time on my hands when I told her I had unraveled a whole sweater! I found it to be a satisfying and easy job to do while watching a movie on tv.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

What a great use of recycling! I'm not a knitter and didn't know you could take apart a sweater and reuse the yarn so easily. I hope your scarf project is a success. Your photo of the white yarn is beautiful in and of itself, too!

Rebecca said...

Hello
Just love that white and what a great idea to repurpose something.
Blessings

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails